Having been around for a number of the GSOC projects, and a number of the
migration projects. I'm very worried about half finished state that nobody
finishes. And honestly spent a lot of time cleaning up content on jenkins.io
(some were .html, some were .md, some were .txt)

So to me, jenkins.io shouldn't be cut over to the new system, until the new
system is fully populated.
As basil mentioned, antoria is really good at what it does, and shouldn't
be used for other things.
The web components was effort to make uniform theming across all sites,
instead of trying to merge everything into one site that tries to do a
dozen different things.

So my suggestion based on me trying to convert jenkins.io to gatsby a while
ago and realizing its just too big
1) docs.jenkins.io (versioned, antora)
2) guides.jenkins.io (versioned, antora, but less likely to update?)
3) news.jenkins.io (out of scope of gsoc i think) aka blog. hook up a
headless cms like netlifycms (all javascript + github), or maybe even
strapi (really nice headless cms, we could have webhooks that update the
repo)
4) Leave everything else on www.jenkins.io

Antora has really nice alogila support, so we can have versioned docs.
Gatsby does too, but its a little more custom. Docsearch is nice, but it
requires scraping the site all the time, so the more we can make structured
and uploaded the better.
It also makes a clear migration plan. We can make docs/tutorials live when
the content is fully pulled out. No half measures.

I recently had to go look at version 2.x of the ember docs. I was able to
pick my version, then search, and the whole thing remembered i was on 2.x
and answered accordingly. see
https://api.emberjs.com/ember/2.17/functions/@ember%2Fservice/inject