On Sunday, June 4, 2023 at 12:33:51 PM UTC-6 Kris Stern wrote:

Hi Alex,

Actually yes, the selected issues are blank right now as there has been no
issue tagged with the "lts-candidate" label yet. Let me go through all
suitable candidates and add this label soon. Meanwhile, if any issue is
recommended to be included in this release, please do let me know.

Cheers,
Kris

I would like to inform users earlier about end of life operating systems,
if that difference from the standard LTS backporting rules would be allowed.

Specifically, we would backport:

   - Warn when operating system end of life is approaching
   - https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/7913 (Jenkins 2.407)
   - Fix Fedora 38 date in operating system end of life warning
   - https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/8082 (Jenkins 2.409)

That would make the operating system end of life warning visible to LTS
users 8 weeks before it would naturally become visible.

This is backporting a feature, so I am also just fine if this is rejected,
since it is not according to the standard backporting rules where we rarely
backport features to an LTS line.

I would revise the blog post
<https://www.jenkins.io/blog/2023/05/30/operating-system-end-of-life/> that
announces the end of life operating system warning to state that the
warning is available to LTS users in 2.401.2

Mark Waite