Hi,

Thank you for reaching out.

First, you can find the code of the plugin-health-score (PHS) here:
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/plugin-health-scoring

Second, I think I see the problem. I got under the impression that the
renovate.json file has to be in the .github folder. But it's working for
you to have it at the root of the repository.

You can see in the code of PHS that we are looking in .github folder (
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/plugin-health-scoring/blob/908c24dade7fb2eb3865fc5046e6ab4baec4754c/core/src/main/java/io/jenkins/pluginhealth/scoring/probes/AbstractDependencyBotConfigurationProbe.java#L57)
for a file named renovate.json (
https://github.com/jenkins-infra/plugin-health-scoring/blob/908c24dade7fb2eb3865fc5046e6ab4baec4754c/core/src/main/java/io/jenkins/pluginhealth/scoring/probes/RenovateProbe.java#L45
).

Please open a ticket on the PHS repository so we can work this out.