Based on my prototyping in JENKINS-73120, there is quite a bit of work
to support Jetty 12 (even just EE 8 with javax imports), blocked on
the requirement of Java 17. From my perspective the sooner we require
Java 17, the better. Perhaps we can require Java 17 in weeklies two
weeks earlier than planned, acknowledging that this creates two fewer
choices for LTS selection. Thoughts?