Hi,

On 20/03/2012 11:52, Wilfred Springer wrote:
It turns out that mod_proxy is dropping the 'n' header on its way out. I
tried a number of things to make sure it's getting preserved, but it
isn't. After that, I tried nginx. On the plus side, nginx *does*
preserve the n header on its way out. At the other hand, now all of a
sudden Jenkins starts complaining about the reverse proxy not being
configured correctly, and apparently there is other stuff that is
missing as well with nginx support.

Is anybody using Apache or Nginx with HTTPS in front of Jenkins *at all*?

Yes. I have the same configuration working over both http and https with Apache 2.2.

I use the following over and above the standard apache SSL configuration (there are a few ACLs for allowing access too but they shouldn't make a difference).

    ProxyVia block
    ProxyRequests off
    ProxyPreserveHost on
    ProxyTimeout 300

    ProxyPass / http://127.0.0.1:8082/
    ProxyPassReverse / http://127.0.0.1:8082/
    ProxyPreserveHost On

With that Chrome reports the following headers being returned for an ajax request on 1.455

Connection:Keep-Alive
Content-Encoding:gzip