We recently upgraded from Hudson 1.385 to Jenkins 1.467.  On Hudson, we had
a plugin that we used to create jobs, which had a predetermined set of
criteria for how a job was set up.  The create permission was revoked
across almost every ACL, and people that did not have create permission
could still create jobs with this plugin.

Since the upgrade to Jenkins, this is not the case.  Using this plugin
fails claiming that the user does not have permission.

Ultimately, we want all of the users in our company to only have the option
to use this plugin to create jobs, since it sets them up to our company's
standard.  That said, is there any way to:
1) Hide the new job link, or
2) Temporarily escalate permissions within the context of one plugin

Currently the plugin is still using the 1.385 apis.  I'll be updating them
to use the Jenkins apis soon, but given that this is a bug fix we need to
try and push it would be prudent to keep the scope of changes as small as
possible.  However, if the only way to fix this is to use the Jenkins apis,
I can perform that update.

Any help is appreciated.