You could also consider the blog posting from CloudBees which describes how to
use a git trigger to avoid the overhead of polling every two minutes.

http://blog.cloudbees.com/2011/11/polling-must-die-triggering-jenkins.html

I've been very pleased with the results when I made that switch on my git
repositories.

Mark Waite