Adding a build step seems like it should work.  I don't see a way from the
plugin settings to perform a point in time checkout or even to perform a
checkout of a specific SHA1.

Can you share why you want to take a point in time rather than the tip of a
branch?  I'm curious about the use model and if that might be a use model which
would be important to others.

Mark Waite