Hello,

We have a number of Java projects, Selenium tests and using gradle to
build/test everything. So far this works fine for us if it's on one
machine, but we're looking to increase the number of projects/jobs and
would like to be ready to scale.

As a result I'm looking to setup a master + few slaves configuration, but
there are some things that I'm not sure about. My thought is that initial
setup to be on one machine, with multiple jenkins instances (master +
slaves).

So here are my questions:

1. Does it make sense to have master and slaves on the same machine at all?
2. If we're using gradle, do I have to install gradle on other machines too?
3. What about actual projects? Do I have to sync them on slave servers?
Since right now, gradle
plugin asks path to build.gradle file, which we're setting to the absolute
path. How does this work?

Thank you in advance.