On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 1:59 PM, Steve K <steve.kerxha...@carestream.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We invest so much time and effort into maintaining Jenkins jobs, I fear that
> my organization would be "dead in the water" if Jenkins went down.
> I'd like a way to extract the build steps from the config files--tuning them
> into an executable script.
> It seems possible to translate the config file into a shell script or batch
> file.
> Has anyone already done this?

Most of our build steps simply run scripts that are checked in with
the source and work the same in jenkins as a developer's desktop.
But, we also keep the jenkins system backed up so it wouldn't be too
hard to spin up a new machine as a replacement if needed.   I'm not
sure why you would want yet another way to do it.

--
  Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com