There are two ways you can do this:

1) Create a groovy script in email-templates that gets the information and
use the SCRIPT token to reference that script in your subject
2) Use a pre-send script to modify the subject line

Either option would work, neither has any real drawbacks that I can think
of.

slide

Website: http://earl-of-code.com