On 8/29/13, Brent Atkinson <brent.atkin...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Jenkins 1.529
>> Trac Plugin 1.13
>> Trac Publisher 1.3
>>
>> Trac 0.11.7-4
>> trac-xmlrpc 1.0.6+svn6598-1
>

> Could you also provide the configuration settings you are using?

Up to this point I notice that latest version of Trac XML-RPC is 1.1.2
... and the difference in the minor version number really matters .

> 127.0.0.1 - - [29/Aug/2013:18:10:49 -0400] "POST /trac HTTP/1.1" 500 829
>> "-" "Apache XML RPC 3.1.3 (Jakarta Commons httpclient Transport)"
>>

>> [Thu Aug 29 18:10:49 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] mod_wsgi
>> (pid=11632): Exception occurred processing WSGI script
>> '/home/user/webproject.trac/cgi-bin/trac.wsgi'.
>> [Thu Aug 29 18:10:49 2013] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] RuntimeError:
>> response has not been started
>

> These are telling you that Trac is encountering an error and it is
> returning an HTTP 500 error. This could be for a number of reasons, but
> Trac does a terrible job of reporting the reason, and instead just returns
> "RuntimeError: response has not been started".

Not quite . I'm the co-maintainer of Trac XmlRpcPlugin and contributor
of Apache™ Bloodhound project and ...

{{{#!sh

$ grep -r "response has not been started" /path/to/trunk/tracrpc/
$ grep -r "response has not been started" /path/to//trac/

}}}

Both return nothing ... therefore it seems to me that this is a lower
level failure.

Besides

Trac RPC reports the exception message detected server-side. In this
case it seems to me that a violation of the WSGI standard is taking
place in which an attempt to send data is performed before actually
invoking start_response ... any way . Under such circumstances it's
really hard to know what's going on unless further details will be
provided .

Trac does a very good job when it comes to logging core + plugin
events . Of course your instance has to be configured for logging at
DEBUG level , and the right location has to be inspected looking for
relevant events (details depend on configuration , usually stored in
file log/trac.log relative to your Trac environment)

http://trac.edgewall.org/wiki/TracLogging

[...]
> I'd also check the file permissions and xmlrpc setup and make sure that all
> looks good. Just searching on google for "RuntimeError: response has not
> been started" shows how many people get this error from Trac for a number
> of reasons.

I asked Mr. Google about ...

"RuntimeError: response has not been started" trac

... and all the results I get are related to Roundup. Besides

http://trac.edgewall.org/search?q=RuntimeError%3A+response+has+not+been+started&noquickjump=1&ticket=on

http://trac-hacks.org/search?q=RuntimeError%3A+response+has+not+been+started&noquickjump=1&ticket=on

Both result sets are empty . I honestly had never seen this error
before in Trac , but of course it may happen . It also might depend on
the plugins installed in your system , if any .

In any case if you need further assistance with Trac XML-RPC then I
could help you , even if some bug is detected and has to be fixed .

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc

Apache™ Bloodhound contributor
http://issues.apache.org/bloodhound
http://blood-hound.net

Blog ES: http://simelo-es.blogspot.com/
Blog EN: http://simelo-en.blogspot.com/

Featured article:
Apache™ Bloodhound 0.7 listo para descarga -
http://goo.gl/fb/OwzmM