As announced at JUC, we have open sourced (most) of our support plugin:

https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Support+Core+Plugin

The only bit we have held back from open sourcing is the bit that brands
the support root action as being for CloudBees Support... (which is
reserved for CloudBees customers and sometimes potential customers)

The full functionality is available from the Support Core plugin except for
those closed source bits that add details of the Jenkins Enterprise license
to the support bundle, plus in future some additional diagnostics of our
closed source plugins where we identify such diagnostics as being useful.

I am advising the Jenkins Community to put together a handy guide to
prevent people spamming the mailing lists with lots of support bundles for
trivial issues like "you need to check the ___ box on your job". (Kohsuke,
this is my objection to open-sourcing this plugin... so if this proves to
be an issue, everyone can blame Kohsuke) I think I have put as friendly a
text in the default blurb to try and discourage people from just uploading
bundles lightly. I personally think the issue tracker is a good place.

Also one enhancement that Jesse Glick has been pondering is some form of
scrambler that you could use to obfuscate the job names and other details
but allow the user of the system to de-obfuscate... so the bundle might
call the job FooBar as ghas6sggh and you could tell the user to see if they
need to do something with the de-obfuscated ghas6sggh job... They could
then go to a sub-action of the support plugin and type in "ghas6sggh" click
de-obfuscate and be given a link to the FooBar job. This would be a really
good project for somebody looking for a challenge.

If the obfuscation challenge is taken up, another really needed feature
would be to have the bundle download in two stages, so that generating the
bundle would take you to a screen where you are given an AJAX progress of
the bundle generation which resolves into the download link. At present
some of the log collection and thread dump collection stuff can take some
time on large clusters as Jenkins has to transfer and collate information
from the remote slaves... this cab result in a full bundle taking a couple
of minutes to generate on large deployments... obfuscation would require
post-processing the collected information and running regexes against the
content (e.g. the log files being prime culprits) That will have an impact
on bundle generation also, so an AJAX progress screen would be essential
with obfuscation support... without obfuscation it is a nice small problem
for somebody to pick up (if Jesse doesn't get fed up first ;-) )

Share and Enjoy*

-Stephen

* http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/hitchhikers/guide/siriuscybernetics.shtml