Jenkins will only loose the job configuration if there is a save of the job
triggered. In most cases there will not be a save "auto" triggered, i.e.
you would need to go to the Job's configure screen and hit "save" or
"apply" but there are some plugins that trigger save actions by themselves
(e.g. if they need to update job level state as a result of a build or such)