Yup,  I downloaded the older version from the website and copied it over the
"bad" version and restarted and I'm fine again.  Glad it was my test bed?

Thanks, E

On Thursday, November 14, 2013 1:03 PM, "k.thiel...@comcast.net"
<k.thiel...@comcast.net> wrote:

The only way I know how is to copy the old war file back in and start the
service.

1.536 can be found here: http://mirrors.jenkins-ci.org/war/1.536/

________________________________
From: "Eric Wood" <eric.w...@rocketmail.com>
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Sent: Thursday, November 14, 2013 11:50:07 AM
Subject: Updated Jenkins to latest version, now the Jenkins widows service will
not start

I just upgraded a test platform to the latest version 1.539.  I'm running
Jenkins as a windows service on  Windows 2008 R2 server.  I upgraded by
selected the latest version from he management Jenkins page internal to the
application.  The service dies when I attempt to restated it, it now will not
start with the following error:

Exception in thread "Main" java/lang.SecurityException: SHA1 digest error for
winstone.jar
at sun.security.util.ManifestEntryverifier.verify(unknown source)

Seems like it does not like the validation of this jar.  How do I force the
version back to the previous war; I was running 1.536?

Thanks, Eric