On Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:48:26 AM UTC-5, andrea crotti wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> I'm trying to move some integration tests for our django app to Jenkins.
>
> I already succesfully managed to run integration tests for our business
> logic doing with coverage and violations as well, using something like:
>
> COVER_OPTIONS="--with-coverage --cover-package=company_core
> --cover-inclusive --cover-erase"
>
> ve/bin/pip install -r test-requirements.txt
> source ve/bin/activate
> nosetests --nologcapture --with-xunit $COVER_OPTIONS
> company_core/tests/unit company_core/tests/integration
> python -m coverage xml -i
> pylint -f parseable -d I0011,R0801 company_core | tee pylint.out
>

> However for the app itself, we need something more, because I need to be
> able to run locally one API server on port 9797 and the django app itself
> on port 8000.
>
> So ideally the flow should be the following on Jenkins:
> - checkout everything
> - run api and app daemons
> - run integration tests
> - collect results and kill daemons
>
> I still haven't found a proper way to run the daemon processes though, any
> suggestions?
> Thanks

AFAIK, managing daemons is outside of the scope of Jenkins unless there's a
plugin for managing a specific kind of daemon.  Just use ordinary commands
to start and stop daemons in a shell script within the job. It may be
necessary to set environment variable "BUILD_ID=dontKillMe" to tell Jenkins
not to kill a daemon process:
<URL:https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/ProcessTreeKiller>