Hello, we're recently using Jenkins  (updated to 1.541) for automatically
building/testing our local java projects. I was now asked to have if
possible Jenkins change some xml files before the actual build, not to have
to change them later manually before deploying. It all worked great using
string build parameter and some python scripting. All but a thing: one of
those strings is pretty long, and including "$$" (without quotes). While
all the rest seems to pass correctly as if it was escaped before being
turned into a local variable, "$$" becomes "$". After a few tries, $
remains $ but $$ becomes $, $$$ becomes $$, $$$$ becomes $$. This happens
actually before reading the variable into python, as I could banally see
with "env". Is it wanted, some specific situation or just a bug? Does $
need escaping? If it does, are there other chars needing it? Or did I
assume something wrong?