On Wednesday, December 11, 2013 10:39:25 PM UTC-5, Mark Waite wrote:

> There were versions of OpenJDK 6 which did not run Jenkins well for me.
> The Oracle JDK has always run it well.
>
> I have been using OpenJDK 7 on some machines and Oracle JDK 7 on others
> with equally good results.

What issues did you have? I've been running Jenkins on CentOS with the
provided OpenJDK 6. I've had issues with Jenkins from time to time, but
none were obviously related to the JVM. This is the version I'm currently
using:

java version "1.6.0_24"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea6 1.11.11.90)
(rhel-1.62.1.11.11.90.el6_4-i386)
OpenJDK Server VM (build 20.0-b12, mixed mode)