I have a build pipeline that has four jobs chained together.  If a job fails,
the pipeline has a "trigger" on the failed box..  I can fix the underlying
issue and re-trigger the build from this trigger in order to have the job run
to success and then allow the failed job to success and turn green and then
enable the execution of a downstream job.

I am running a test instance which is running as a windows service with all of
the LATEST code.  The strange thing I see is that if the first job fails and I
fix the cause and re-trigger from the failed/red box, then it runs forever and
I get the following error in the jenkins.err log file:

Feb 28, 2014 6:39:39 PM hudson.model.Executor run
SEVERE: Executor threw an exception
                            java.lang.NullPointerException at
hudson.model.CauseAction.onAttached(CauseAction.java:135) at
                         hudson.model.Run.addAction(Run.java:368) at
hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:223)

I actually have to restart the service in order to allow the pipeline to be
rerun.  It gets stuck on this job.  When I look at the executors, they are
idle, I cannot look at the output of the job as it causes.  If I perform this
same test on subsequent jobs in the pipeline, I can successfully re-trigger the
builds after they fail from the trigger on the failed box and have them
succeed. The first job does pull from the TFS repository, but I see no
indication as to the cause of the failure.

If anybody can shed some light on this issue or how I can help to debug, I
would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks, Eric