Batch tasks can only be shell commands.

I'd like to be able to run any build step type as a batch command - e.g.
publish-over-cifs

This is something that would take place after a build has been verified and
so can't be another regular build step.

This purpose meets the aims of batch task:     Help for feature: Batch
tasks      This feature allows you to associate shell scripts that perform
some tasks on Hudson that are manually triggered occasionally (for example,
performing a release, doing copyright header check, integrating newer
versions of library jars to CVS, etc.) This allows your team to run lengthy
and/or recurring tasks on Hudson asynchronously. It also allows people
outside your team to trigger the tasks, thereby preventing the common "we
need to do XYZ but only Kohsuke knows how to do this and he's on vacation!"
problem.

- but batch tasks doesn't seem to provide it. How could I do this. I
*could* create another task whose definition is to grab the artefacts from
the first project as a build step, and then publish, but it is an ugly
solution.

Sam