I'm experimenting with the moving some hacky build proccesses into the great
new workflow plugin, but not sure how to best handle dependencies between
parallel steps.

The workflow is meant to test a release candidate of an R-language interpreter
against a library of a few thousand packages, some of which depend on each
other.

ideally my flow would look like this:

def packages = fetchPackageIds()
builds = [:]
for p in packages {
  builds[p] = {
     waitFor dependencyPackageIds(p)
     node { buildPackage p }
  }
}
parallel builds

But it looks like I need to implement a waitFor primitive that is similar to
stage but local to the flow rather than global?

Or is there another approach I'm missing?

Thanks,
Alex