On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Jesse Glick <jgl...@cloudbees.com> wrote:
> On Thursday, January 8, 2015 at 4:06:34 PM UTC-5, LesMikesell wrote:
>>
>> b1=build( "some_job")
>> b2=build( "some_other_job", REVISION:
>> b1.build.properties.envVars["SVN_REVISION"] )
>> (where REVISION is a job parameter, expanded in the svn URL)
>

> Well you can certainly expand variables in the ‘url’ passed to an ‘svn’ step
> in Workflow. As I mentioned, there is not yet support for picking up
> $SVN_REVISION after an initial checkout (would require API changes in
> Jenkins core, followed by matching changes in the Subversion plugin; or a
> new feature in Workflow to use scm-api-plugin); but at worst you can run
> ‘svn info’ to get this in the meantime.
>
> (Whether it will correctly detect the checkout as being of the same
> repository from build to build, despite having a different @123 in the URL,
> is another question. This is up to SubversionSCM.getKey.)

Not sure what you mean here - the @123 would be the revision, and
being able to specify it is absolutely necessary if you want to be
sure different operations are working with the same code versions.
Does this need yet another way to control whether you do updates,
clean checkouts, or revert, then update when you have an existing
workspace?

> As a separate matter, for those flows which _do_ wish to continue using the
> ‘build’ step rather than inlining all steps directly into the flow, it would
> be useful to be able to pick up build variables from the downstream
> freestyle build. I made a note of that in JENKINS-25851.

I guess I don't understand the disconnect between build_flow and
workflow operations.

--
    Les Mikesell
     lesmikes...@gmail.com