I'm running the command as follows:
sudo nohup /apps/Config/usr/local/bin/ec2-init dev start > /dev/null 2>&1 &
After this command runs I call another that is calling the application and
waiting to get a 200 http status code back.  After a few minutes of getting
"503", I eventually get a "200" and the build step terminates, then I can see
the catalina.out file indicate that the application is shutting down.

     On Wednesday, January 21, 2015 2:54 PM, Eric Pyle