I'm attempting to start a tomcat server via the publish over ssh plugin.
I call a shell script as follows:
        sudo nohup /apps/Config/usr/local/bin/ec2-init env start > /dev/null
2>&1 &

This script in turn calls the following:  ec2-init > tomcat_sdb > startup.sh >
catalina.sh.
Our IT guy set the following in the script tomcat_sdb:

    # Protection from Jenkins ProcessTreeKiller

    BUILD_ID=dontKillMe

    export JAVA_HOME JAVA_OPTS PATH CUSTIDAPPID INSTANCEID JBOSS_SERVER BUILD_ID

 As soon as the Jenkins job terminates I can see the catalina process die.
What is the proper way to invoke this environment variable to keep the tomcat
process alive after Jenkins terminates?