I don't know now how that version of Jenkins used to distribute the load
and the default node setup. AFAIK, if that jenkins infrastructure is based
on one master then those jobs will be always triggered by those 'master
slave', otherwise those jobs will require where to run.

Jenkins tries to allocate those jobs to the last node is was executed on,
by default, unless that node is busy then will choose another one:
-
http://documentation.cloudbees.com/docs/cje-user-guide/_default_jenkins_behavior.html

You can find useful the below confluence page:
- https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Distributed+builds

Cheers