(replies inline)

On Mon, 07 Mar 2016, R. Tyler Croy wrote:

> Based on the team lead structure
> (https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Proposal+-+Project+sub-teams)
> which was previously approved in a project governance meeting, I am asking on
> behalf of the Jenkins board[0], for candidates who are willing to act as the
> Jenkins Release Officer[1].
>

> The Jenkins Release Officer would play a key role in driving release processes
> and the release tooling. The Release Officer would not play an exclusive role
> in the Jenkins projects release infrastructure but would be the point person
> to:
>
> * Manage keys for signing and producing official Jenkins releases (e.g. GPG
>   signing keys, Windows and Mac OS X certificates)
> * Be responsible for release automation to produce LTS and weekly releases
> * Operate LTS/weekly releases directly, or name specific release managers to
> be
>   responsible for those releases (e.g. "this person is responsible for this
> LTS
>   series, backporting, etc")
> * Act as a single point of contact for the Security Officer to incorporate
>   security fixes/backports into releases (this implies membership to Jenkins
> CERT
>   team)

On behalf of the governance board, I'm pleased to announce that Oliver Gondza
has been chosen as the Jenkins Release Officer. If you're a user of Jenkins'
LTS releases, you're already familiar with some of Oliver's work. Personally, I
look forward to Oliver continuing to work with abayer, svanoort and numerous
others to help make Jenkins releases of higher quality and more automated.

For reference on the term of this position and responsibilities, please refer
to the Team Leads page:
    <https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Team+Leads>

Cheers
- R. Tyler Croy