Thanks for response !!
I can write bash to download the plugin(.hpi) from the
http://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/

But, if I download a .hpi plugin file, it doesn't download the dependent
.hpi files.
In other words, downloading a plugin doesn't download its dependencies.

Can you throw some light on writing the logic that would also download the
dependencies?