(replies inline)

On Tue, 10 May 2016, Daniel Beck wrote:

> > On 10.05.2016, at 12:23, Mladen Marev <mladen.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > my proxy and firewall allows download of Java content (e.g. Jenkins war
> > file) only from HTTPS protected sites. I have tried manual download of v2.2
> > but it has been rejected because HTTP connection.
>
> I'm pretty sure we are currently unable to provide full HTTPS for Jenkins and
> plugin downloads. Even for metadata it's difficult, see e.g.
> https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/browse/INFRA-110?focusedCommentId=210433&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-210433

Moving to end-to-end TLS encryption for the Jenkins distribution site is
something that is part of an infrastructure project I'm working towards right
now.

I don't have many details I can share right now, but my hope is that we have
TLS distribution before the end of the calendar year.

- R. Tyler Croy