The problem is, right now I'm not getting it to the build... but the idea
is that the diff is generated locally and a build started by a local
command line script, along the lines of this...

https://codeascraft.com/2011/10/11/did-you-try-it-before-you-committed/

It looks like one possibility is to escape the diff and then send it as a
string parameter, is there a limit to the size one parameter can be, or is
it just for the total POST?