You can choose whatever suits your need. You are basically gonna catch your
calls to steps A & B, and in the catch clause, are going to use some
business logic to decide to make it fail, and just continue with a simple
if condition.

When you're ready, just write those, and ask for review here if you don't
manage to do what you want. It'll be probably easier to help you anyway
(and you'll have got a better grasp of it)