Hi,

we have a C/C++ codebase (using CMake to generate either Makefiles or
Visual Studio projects) that is a bit too large to try to build from
scratch every time, so I'd like to switch to incremental builds.
Unfortunately, this means that any warnings from files that are not
rebuilt will be marked as "fixed", and getting somewhat accurate build
time statistics is also difficult.

As I don't believe I'm the first person ever with that kind of problem:
does anyone have experience tracking warnings and build times (we're
interested mostly in CPU time, as wall clock time is unpredictable on
the VMs) across incremental builds? Are there existing tools?

   Simon