Does the "git"section appear if you choose "checkout" from the snippet
generator instead of choosing "git"?

Is there a reason you haven't updated to the most recent version of the git
plugin?  Git plugin 2.5.1 added much better support for setting git options
from pipeline jobs.  Git plugin 2.5.3 (the most recent release) is the best
git plugin for pipeline use as far as I can tell.

Also, I've preferred to use the "checkout" snippet generator.  It lets me
choose the detailed git options that I want (so long as I use git plugin
2.5.3).

Mark Waite