See comments inline.

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 12:44 PM mpc8250 <mpc8...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Slide,
> Sorry - had issue with posting.
>
> We have
>
> 1- In the job config page, a String parameter email_list declared with
> default value to an email address.
> 2 - Within the Execute shell build step,
> a- export email_list

Variables are not kept from build step to post build. You would need to use
EnvInject or something similar.

> b- while loop to append new email addresses to existing string email_list
> c- echo $email_list to make sure comma separated emails are there.
> 3- Within editable email plugin - in recipient list text box, we have ${ENV,
> var="email_list"} for SUCCESS, FAIL, FIXED status email config

Job parameters generally would be used like ${email_list}, they aren't
environment variables.

> Does it matter which Jenkins version (v.1.619) or Hudson version (v3.3.3)
> we use ?
>
> Thank you

I have no clue about Hudson. Jenkins and Hudson diverged significantly. I
only know the Jenkins email-ext plugin.