I known my answer will not be received well by most, but that was the
fastest way I could find, I did a Python script with XunitParser module
made that a breeze (I can even test it better or use other tools to run
them).

https://pypi.python.org/pypi/xunitparser

Just write to a temporary file using the tmp() folder and then sh or bat
the python script and give the output file as argument, output into the
wanted format and just read the file into Jenkins pipeline.

All those little Python script have save me hours so far compare to messing
around into the Jenkins "cripple" Groovy. Just doing a iteration on list
doesn't work as it is suppose too into that Groovy implementation! @NonCPS
is a bag of crab so far for me (same function does or doesn't return the
same result with or without the @NonCPS, some function I had written where
working until some update where I had to add the @NonCPS by updating
Jenkins). Having to allow all the operations (map hash, file
getAbsolutePath, operator string to string, ...) but can launch a shell or
batch operation that can access whatever folder.

May sound harsh on Jenkins, but every new commer have question on how to do
simple stuff (this include myself, I'm no different here! the struggle is
real, especially for people who did not touch any groovy before and realize
they don't really have a full features Groovy engine to play with) because
we can't rely on Groovy way of doing those thing, because those way doesn't
work most of the time into that implementation or need to be tweak a lots
to make them working. Many of those questions are left without answer since
nobody really know how to do them properly into that script engine.