Hi Uma,

I've used those steps for creating new environment variables in Jenkins,
but not for overwriting PATH, althouth you might use:

Value = $PATH:/adding/new/path/

in order not to lose previous value of PATH. Anyway, if scons is located in
/usr/local/bin (as you indicated), Jenkins would have to find it, because
that path is usually into PATH variable.

>From your output, I guess you're using SCons Plugin. Although it's not
necessary in this case, try to configure "SCons Executable Path" in "Global
Configuration"
(https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=42470444) with
/usr/local/bin (without /scons).

If problem persists, maybe it's a bug of SCons Plugin. Try to execute SCons
through:

   - Add build step > Execute shell

Tell us if you get it.

Best regards,