Hey all,

I am trying to set up a multibranch pipeline job against a fairly large repo. I have set both the fetch and checkout timeouts to 180 minutes under the Advanced Clone Behaviors and Advanced Checkout Behaviors, to no avail. Whenever the branch indexing job begins it reports that my timeouts are set to 10 minutes and sure enough, after 10 minutes the job fails as follows.

I am curious if there is some other configuration that I need to do in order to get this to work properly? Whenever I try this on a smaller repo with fewer branches I am able to see the branch indexing go through successfully.

 > git rev-parse --is-inside-work-tree # timeout=10
Setting origin to <repo>
 > git config remote.origin.url <repo> # timeout=10
Fetching & pruning origin...
Fetching upstream changes from origin
 > git --version # timeout=10
using GIT_SSH to set credentials <user>
 > git fetch --tags --progress origin +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
--prune
ERROR: Timeout after 10 minutes
FATAL: Failed to recompute children of Multibranch_Pipeline
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "git fetch --tags --progress origin
+refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/* --prune" returned status code 143:

fatal: early EOF

    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1752)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1495)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.access$300(CliGitAPIImpl.java:64)
    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl$1.execute(CliGitAPIImpl.java:315)
    at
jenkins.plugins.git.AbstractGitSCMSource.retrieve(AbstractGitSCMSource.java:233)
    at jenkins.scm.api.SCMSource.fetch(SCMSource.java:148)
    at
jenkins.branch.MultiBranchProject.computeChildren(MultiBranchProject.java:294)
    at
com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.ComputedFolder.updateChildren(ComputedFolder.java:157)
    at
com.cloudbees.hudson.plugins.folder.computed.FolderComputation.run(FolderComputation.java:122)
    at hudson.model.ResourceController.execute(ResourceController.java:98)
    at hudson.model.Executor.run(Executor.java:404)
Finished: FAILURE