The whole build agent root directory is managed as a docker volume, and
retrieved from previous build, so you can easily benefit such caching if
you configure maven to use adequate path for local repository (which should
be the case by default, as /home/jenkins is slave root).

We also considered to offer an option to cache some path, comparable to
travis-ci approach (based on tar.gz), so typically let end-user configure
maven local repository as "cached". Backed could rely on additional volumes
for this purpose, but definitively not on bind-mounts :P. This would let us
investigate scalability challenge to distribute such a cache, maybe just by
relying on docker volume-plugin features (but then relying on proprietary
API), or maybe by using jenkins as a volume replication facility, *à la*

>>> Qiang

For more options, visit