On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 8:09:56 AM UTC-4, Jonathan Hodgson wrote:
> Did you miss my last post? I tried FilePath, but I get a "unable to
> resolve class" error.

Do not attempt to use `FilePath` from Pipeline script. It will not work.

I'm in a powerfull object oriented cross platform language, but to do
> anything useful I have to drop into platform specific archaic shell
> environments? Writing clunky code which has to be different for each
> platform

There are plenty of platform-independent scripting languages out there.
Ruby, Python, etc. Groovy (run as an external process!), for that matter.

I've had zero success getting sh to work on windows

Use `bat` on Windows. There is a `isUnix` step that may be used to select a
Unix-vs.-Windows variant.