Each build runs test cases which compiles the state to a single text file
(e.g. test1=Fail, test2=Pass)

What I want to do is diff THIS build's text file to the MOST recent (i.e.
BUILD_NUM-1) build's text file. If any tests went from Pass->Fail, then the
developer who triggered the change gets a nagging email.

I believe the dirty approach would be to write a script (Python, Groovy,
whatever) that is aware of the filesystem underneath Jenkins to find the
location of the previous build's file. That seems hacky to me, but maybe
it's not. I've been browsing the plugin repository and lurking some forums
but I haven't found a satisfying answer to this.

What are your thoughts?