I'm reaching out for solutions to the following problem:

We are using Jenkins to run some watchdog tests against a cloud cluster.
Our tests use accounts that can't be shared between concurrent runs of the
tests. To allow our tests to run in parallel we created multiple sets of
accounts.

I want to put these sets of accounts we created into a shared pool. When a
test that needs these credentials runs it should take a set of credentials
out of the pool while it runs and then return them afterwards.

As these are cloud accounts the pool needs to be global to Jenkins - i.e.
it's not a per node shared pool, it's a global one.

I spent some time looking at this a while ago and we have a solution in
place, but it uses a modified version of the port allocator plugin and is
something of a hack. We've used convention around how accounts are named so
I can map a simple integer into a set of accounts.

Any solutions?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Ryan