In Jenkins 2.19.2, I now have three different pipeline jobs using a
variation of the same script components, including a bunch of methods that
I've pasted into each script.  I'm storing each script in git, but I think
it's now time to define a shared library so I can remove the duplicated
methods.

So, I created a git repo with the "src", "vars", and "resources" structure
(initial test only has a single class in the "src" tree), and referenced
that repo from the shared library definition.

I first noticed that something might be wrong when I entered "1.0" in the
"Default Version" field and it printed "Cannot validate default version"
below that.  When I clicked on "show details" it said something like this:
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "/opt/app/git/1.9.0-0.14/bin/git
fetch --tags --progress origin +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*"
returned status code 128:
stdout:
stderr: fatal: I don't handle protocol 'git clone ssh'

    at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1745)

Even with this, I went ahead and tried adding the reference to the library
in one of my pipeline scripts, only to reference the single class I put in
the library (a simple enum definition).  In the build output, the first
reference to the repo containing the shared library looks like this:

Setting origin to git clone ssh://git@.../usl_jenkins_library.git
 > /opt/app/git/1.9.0-0.14/bin/git config remote.origin.url git clone
 > ssh://git@.../usl_jenkins_library.git # timeout=10
Fetching origin...
Fetching upstream changes from origin
 > /opt/app/git/1.9.0-0.14/bin/git --version # timeout=10
using GIT_ASKPASS to set credentials
 > /opt/app/git/1.9.0-0.14/bin/git fetch --tags --progress origin
 > +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
hudson.plugins.git.GitException: Command "/opt/app/git/1.9.0-0.14/bin/git fetch
--tags --progress origin +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*" returned status
code 128:
stdout:
stderr: fatal: I don't handle protocol 'git clone ssh'

        at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandIn(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1745)
        at
org.jenkinsci.plugins.gitclient.CliGitAPIImpl.launchCommandWithCredentials(CliGitAPIImpl.java:1489)

If it matters, I modified my pipeline script to look like this:
@Library("usl-pipeline-library")
import com.att.usl.jenkins.BUILD_STATUS

import groovy.xml.*
import java.nio.file.*