I would recommend that you include these files in a .gitignore so they are
ignored by git.

-Indra

From: <jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Sharan Basappa
<sharan.basa...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 6:27 PM
To: Jenkins Users <jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Pipeline - merge and push

I have created a pipeline script. The pipeline script runs in a 'topic' branch
(e.g. my_feature).
Once test stage is successful, I would like to merge this into the master
branch and then push the changes to remote.

However, I have some doubts. My test stage creates many intermediate files that
would not be checked-in but are necessary for debug and analysis.
So, in order to merge, I need to first checkout the master branch. Doing this
creates issue as I have untracked files.
But if I do git clean, I lose important log files that I might need for the
next few days.
How can I handle this? Would git stash help in this case?

Thanks,
jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e5b657d1-44c8-4445-b1e5-377e596ba94d%40googlegroups.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/e5b657d1-44c8-4445-b1e5-377e596ba94d%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.