I am doing testing of our Jenkins setup.
I have a build job that sleeps for 30 sec.
I ran a pipeline that runs 12,000 of these in parallel on 100 agents.
Best possible time is 1 hr.
The builds seem to finish in a reasonable amount of time.

So after build queue is emptied and the pipeline continues to run for a
lengthy amount of time.
It has been running for 1 hr 30 min and is processing FINISHED job 8880.
So 3120 more FINISHED jobs to process.
It is unclear what the pipeline is doing?

Is there documentation on the basic operations the pipeline is conducting
after all the builds finish?
Are there setting that affect this behavior?
Could my Groovy script be causing this long delay?

Thanks,
Chris