The Jenkins wiki page for installing Jenkins states "Since Jenkins was
written to work on unix-like platforms, some parts assume the presence of
unix-utilities. It is advised to install these as well on Windows."
<https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Installing+Jenkins> It goes on
to suggest the use of either UnxUtils or Win-Bash. Does Jenkins on Windows
still require "unix-utilities?" If so, what are "unix-utilities?" Does this
mean GNU coreutils?

As for UnxUtils and Win-Bash: UnxUtils appears to be abandoned as it hasn't
been updated since 2003; the download link on its homepage results in a 403
error. Win-Bash appears to simply be a port of Bash and relies on UnxUtils
for the "unix-utilites" that the wiki page says Jenkins relies on. I'm sure
there are security vulnerabilities in UnxUtils, though I haven't yet
expended the effort to verify my assumption.

I will appreciate any insight experienced Jenkins on Windows users offer up
as I'm a complete n00b to Jenkins.