Hi,

Sorry if this has been answered before.

We're having a very difficult time trying to get an IIS reverse proxy
working with Jenkins. No matter what we try, we still get the "It appears
that your reverse proxy set up is broken" message on the Manage Jenkins
page.

We've seen a few links describing how to do it, but none of them seem to
get rid of the "broken" message, and there doesn't appear to be any
"official" Jenkins documentation on the subject.

I'd be happy to write a HOWTO on the wiki if we could get some help getting
it working.

Details:

Windows Server 2012 R2

Jenkins 2.46.1/2.46.2

Tomcat 8.5.14

Java 1.8.0_131

IIS 10 (.msi installer/Jetty) and IIS 8.5 with the .war on Tomcat

IIS tried creating standard reverse proxy rule

with allow double escaping

maximum URL length 4096

also tried with server variables allowed and added to rule config

        RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Proto https

        RequestHeader set X-Forwarded-Port 443

tried with Outbound rule - rewrite the domain names and links with server
variable

        HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING

We tried IIS with ISAPI redirector to tomcat

We also tried an IIS server farm setup.

We tried it with and without SSL.

Basically, we've tried all of the things that normally work fine with many,
many other IIS-Tomcat installations we've set up. They've worked fine on
older versions of Jenkins. We're aware that the reverse proxy check is more
strict now, but we don't really know what it's complaining about.

Thanks,

*Terry Lacy*
Sr. Software Design Engineer

*Pediatric Research Enterprise**​*