Thanks Bill - appreciate the response.

I found that not propagating the errors was the key - it would continue
onto further tasks nicely if I did that.  Only issue really is that if you
watch the pipeline in Jenkins then it appears to show all green even if a
step has failed.
My build summary email works a treat though - each job I collate the
results as it goes through each step and then email at the end indicates
which jobs failed and which jobs succeeded.

I've actually put my script up here
-
https://github.com/Radix999/jenkins-pipeline-scripts/blob/master/Nightlybuild.groovy

in case it's useful for others to look at.

I might make some tweaks to how I do things based on your input though - I
like how you've broken buildJob into it's own function and I've never used
the post{} sections so might separate the build email into that.

Regards,

Jesse