We have a Jenkins server that runs a pipeline, loads a GIT repo, and then
loads other custom groovy scripts that contain more pipeline commands from
that repo. After a day or so we end up with 100s of thousands of loaded
classes on the server. This amount then stays static for several days or a
week. For that week, GC seems to chug away, then there is a three-hour
window where memory creeps up, and GC starts spinning really hard. The
server never OOMs, just becomes unresponsive.

- I've seen advice on turning this on, but we actually upgraded to groovy
2.4.8, so I think it's moot: groovy.use.classvalue
- We've experimented with G1GC, and CMS

Java -> 1.8
Groovy -> 2.4.8
Jenkins -> 2.7.1

*Workflow plugins*:
name / version /  enabled / pinned
workflow-aggregator 2.2 true false
workflow-api 2.1 true false
workflow-basic-steps 2.0 true false
workflow-cps 2.9 true false
workflow-cps-global-lib 2.1 true false
workflow-durable-task-step 2.3 true false
workflow-job 2.3 true false
workflow-multibranch 2.8 true false
workflow-remote-loader 1.2 true false
workflow-scm-step 2.2 true false