From: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
[mailto:jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Bayer
Sent: 24 May 2017 13:44
To: jenkinsci-users@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Declarative script: specify build trigger in GUI or script?

A couple questions - is this being specified in a Jenkinsfile coming from SCM?
Have you run the build once?

A.

On Mon, May 22, 2017 at 10:00 AM David Aldrich
<david.aldr...@emea.nec.com<mailto:david.aldr...@emea.nec.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I'm confused about how to specify a build trigger for a declarative script. I
want the job to be triggered by an SCM commit so I specified in my script:

    triggers {
        pollSCM('H/5 * * * *')
    }

to poll every 5 minutes.

However, the job is not being run even though commits have occurred.

I notice that there is also a 'Build trigger' section in the GUI configuration
for a branch of the job.

Where should I specify the build trigger: in the GUI or in the script?

Best regards

David

jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com<mailto:jenkinsci-users+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com>.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPbPdObeusrOokGgkvvUt2d9S_y6aTcZJ_F-od_jW9C17HhSAA%40mail.gmail.com<https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-users/CAPbPdObeusrOokGgkvvUt2d9S_y6aTcZJ_F-od_jW9C17HhSAA%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Click
here<https://www.mailcontrol.com/sr/H2fAbGn7+grGX2PQPOmvUkjDae7bB5IgNzmu6Kijgf9af7hrOn9!9NOVeQtDWvKVeWQTHSOJ+731JTd!1uc+!w==>
 to report this email as spam.