Does anybody know what will happen to the Docker Slaves plugin? It looks
like development has halted when looking at commit activity. I took a look
at the Dockins stuff, but it looks like that is just as dead. Does anybody
know where I should look if I have these requirements:
* The jenkins slave does not run inside the build container (This is the
main feature of Docker Slaves)
* Multiple docker hosts supported, selectable by label just like any other
jenkins slave (Missing feature in Docker Slaves)
* Number of containers for each docker host can be limited (Feature in
Docker Slaves that is not working)

Ideally, I imagine a setup where a jenkins slave can control a docker host
on the same machine, possibly marked with slave labels like other special
capabilities. Each dockerNode (or similar) will then take an executor on
one of these slaves an start the job with the defined image. That image
will then not need any jenkins-specific content, but can focus on just the
stuff needed for that particular build. At the same time, the jenkins
resource control ensures the load matches the capabilities of each docker
host.

What would be the best approach to getting something like this? Does
another plugin exist for this or would I need to throw myself into the
plugin development? If Docker Slaves is indeed dead, I guess it could
serve as a base for this.

/Jacob