JENKINS-45085 captures the problem I was seeing.  The multiple-scms plugin
causes a null pointer exception in my multi-branch pipeline job when
opening the configure URL of the job.  That problem is visible with Jenkins
2.46.3 and 2.60.1.

Since my environment does not need or use the multiple-scms plugin, I
removed it from my Docker image and resolved the problem.

Mark Waite